Amaze your friends and family with these Statue of Liberty facts!
• The height of the Statue of Liberty is 151 feet (46 meters) from the base to the torch.
• With the pedestal and foundation included in the measurement, the full height is 305 feet (93 meters).
• The statue stands on a 65 foot (20 meter) tall foundation, and an 89 foot (27m) stone pedestal.
• Miss Liberty’s feet are 25 ft (7.6m) long, she has a 35 ft (11m) waist, and her face is 8 ft (2.5m) tall.
• Her right arm, which holds the ever-lit torch, measures 42 feet (13m) long.
• The Statue of Liberty’s nose is 4 feet, 6 inches (1.4m) tall.
• There are 354 steps inside the statue from the pedestal to the crown.
• The crown has seven points, representing the seven seas and seven continents. Each individual ray of the crown weighs about 150 pounds, and measures up to 9 ft.
• The total weight of the Statue of Liberty is 450,000 pounds (225 tons).
• The copper alone weighs around 100 U.S. tons and is 3/32 of an inch (2.4mm) thick—a little less than the thickness of two pennies.
Check out our guidebook to Downtown NY to learn more!